Anne Arundel North DU & Earleigh Heights VFD 2nd Annual … [Read More...]
Follow @ehvfc on twitter.
3 days ago
Good thing to read!Cold Weather Brings Multiple Fires to the County
The county experienced five serious fires between Thursday night and Sunday which displaced 19 people from their homes and did more than $700,000 in damages. While the causes of some of these fires are still under investigation, we know that December, January, and February are the months with the most fires caused by home heating. With the cold weather coming the next few days we offer the following safety tips to keep you and your family safe:
• When using portable unvented fuel-fired heaters, such as kerosene heaters, make sure to use only the recommended fuel specified in the owner’s manual and NEVER use gasoline.
• If you find it necessary to use an electric space heater, use only one that has been approved by an authorized testing laboratory such as UL.
• Keep all portable space heaters at least three feet away from anything combustible.
• If heating equipment fails, do not use kitchen stoves or ovens to supply heat. These devices are not designed for that purpose and the chance of a fire improves greatly.
• When using fireplaces, woodstoves or pellet stoves; please ensure these heat sources have been installed and properly serviced by trained technicians according to state and local codes, allowing them to work at peak efficiency and lower the risk of a catastrophic failure.
• Please ensure you have the chimney cleaned and inspected before use.
• If a fire occurs inside your home, close the doors behind you as you vacate to the outside, call 9-1-1 and never go back inside the home. Tell arriving first responders if anyone is still inside. ... See MoreSee Less
Earleigh Heights Volunteer Fire Company shared their post.
5 days ago
Looks good!A huge thank you to our volunteers and our career staff that washed every piece of apparatus and fueled them, to get them ready for Santa Runs tonight! We hope to see you out there tonight to wave to Santa!
Remember, you can follow our Santa Runs on Twitter! We will be live tweeting as Santa goes around the neighborhoods. You can follow us on Twitter at @ehvfc. Thanks for your support! And if you see us, snap a picture and post it! ... See MoreSee Less
Thank you so much for putting such joy in my kids hearts each year! Hope you enjoyed the chocolate hazelnut cookies we gave Santa tonight!
I can't find the santa runs schedule on the website. Help! I missed you in Shipley's choice (first year ever) When is point field landing?